- Can I make an appointment online?
- Yes, you register first by going online to www.etcd.gov.bm.
- You will be given a password which you can then change.
- You can then make an appointment to book a driving test or a vehicle safety examination.
- What is BECL responsible for?
- BECL is responsible for conducting annual safety and emissions inspections on all bikes, cars, vans, trucks, tractor trailers, buses, ambulances, etc. In fact, anything other than a horse and carriage!
- You can call BECL on 236 4232 to book a vehicle inspection appointment.
- Do I need to come to the office personally when I bring my vehicle for test?
No, just follow the signs out in the entrance lanes and queue as directed until the Inspector calls you forward.
- What do I do if I fail?
- Government (TCD) will publish a list of Certified Emissions Repair Centres. You will have the option, if you wish, to take your vehicle to one of these repair shops.
- If you fail any of the safety related items, you will need to have the vehicle repaired and submitted for a retest as before.